Flotation Therapy Tips
- If you are coming straight from work, or another active function, give yourself an extra 10 minutes to wind down, sip some water in the waiting room. It’ll save time in your float – the more you relax and prepare before, the quicker you’ll be able to enter that meditative state and have more time to enjoy the float.
- Dress comfortably and loosely. Remember you’re going to be out of it and relaxed and not wanting to pull on tight skinny jeans, long socks and big boots. Wear some leggings and a sweatshirt and some slip on shoes. No jewelry.
- Earplugs (are complementary) in before you shower, and dry your face extremely well before getting in so you aren’t tempted to touch it at all
- You can bring your own towel, wash cloth, flip flops to your appointment
- Bring your own Brush/comb for your hair, any hair products you may need. We have a blow dryer and body lotion on site
- Don’t drink caffeine the day of, and don’t eat for 3 or so hours before so you’re very comfortable. Make sure you are hydrated and no shaving, waxing, etc day of. Please be well hydrated.
- Try with and without lights. Don’t be scared of giving no lights a try, but if you’re claustrophobic, having the lights on at first might help so you can easily peek and see that you have plenty of room if you start to feel scared.
- Try to stay in the pod, even if you can’t fully let go. Your first time is going to be weird-your body hasn’t experienced anything like this since you were in the womb! Just give it a shot, and keep counting and consciously relaxing every part of your body. Don’t punish your mind for wandering, just gently redirect it.
- Find a position that’s comfortable. If you have upper back/shoulder issues, it feels so good to have your arms above your head. Honestly, my body positioned itself bit by bit during my first float. It was strange, but felt great.
- Try to stay still. The goal is to kind of trick your body, in a nice way, of thinking it’s basically sleeping. So, as much as you can, just try to let your extremities fall asleep and stay asleep.
- You might fall asleep. That’s okay
- At the end of the session wiggle toes and fingers, bring your knees to your chest, stretch your arms out, etc. But don’t linger forever – the cleaning whirlpool comes on after 5 minutes and it startles me sometimes even when I’m in the shower and fully awakened.
- Women, make sure you are not on your menstrual period, as the water chemistry will change and we will know. (Just rescheduled please) You will be charged a $2,000 salt fee and for all the pod appointments cancellations. Same fees also go for urinating, bowel movement throw up and ejaculation.
- THOROUGHLY shampoo your hair, especially if it’s long. It’s going to take effort, and multiple lathers if you have thick, long hair like me. Be prepared.
- Drink lots of water the next couple days – just like a massage!
If a patient Urinates, Ejaculates, Throws Up, has a menstrual period, bowel movement or has hair dye color still washing out…the fine will start at $650.00 on up to $2,200 for all the cancellations from other bookings during that down time.
Clients with Disability: Essential Wellness Center does not assume any responsibility for any clients with a disability, such as seizures or any other disabilities that might happen while in the float pod(s). Client assumes all risk of harm or injury which may occur to the participant as a result of participating in the above-named event or activity. I hereby release Essential Wellness Center and its officers, employees, or agents from any liability, costs and damages resulting this individual’s participation.
If the participant is a minor: I agree that the minor has my consent to participate in the event or activity.
I also give my consent for the business or organization to seek emergency treatment for the minor if necessary, and I agree to accept financial responsibility for the costs related to this emergency treatment.
We are located in a day spa facility in Glendale Arizona. We offer many different options of getting relief in our facility. Come try us out.